Thursday, April 2, 2009

Switching Broker

I just got back from my trip to Atlantic City for my 21st. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on the way I want to approach my trading. First off I'm leaving Thinkorswim and going to Infinity for their platform. I'm still a die hard TOS fan and use them for charting and swing trading options. 

I will be using 1 contract now with infinity to get started. I'm planning to moving to 2 contracts with a 6 tick stop still and selling my first at plus 2 ticks. After first target is hit I will move my stop to minus 4 ticks and then trail it up myself as the trade works.

I'm currently reading Trading in the Zone to help me get over my fears I guess of losing money and being wrong. I think that is whats making me not pull the trigger when I feel a trade sets up. I feel like I have come so far since May and I think what's holding me back is all mental. I'm also looking to take on a part-time job on the side because I feel like it's the smart thing to do. My goal is to grow my account and I can't do that if I deplete it to live off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment